Technical Manager, Water Resources Engineering
• Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) or Certified Engineering Technician (CET)
• Engineering Degree from an accredited and recognized institution
Our client in Concord/Vaughan, Ontario is looking for a Technical Manager to lead their Water Resources Engineering department.
• Lead a water resources department of 12-14 engineers and technologists
• Review and coordinate documents to be submitted to Approval Agencies: drawings, reports, cost estimates, etc.
• Follow up, monitor, and manage the approval process: re-submissions and liaising with clients
• Participate with senior management in preparation of fee proposals, monitoring of project costs, and preparation of invoices
• Manage projects including: Class Environmental assessment, Planning & Land Development, Structural Engineering, Transportation Engineering, and Municipal & Environmental
• Perform hydrologic/hydraulic calculations for stormwater management, sanitary sewer and water supply systems.
• Create preliminary designs for stormwater management ponds and other municipal infrastructure.
• Design detailed studies and modeling for land development projects
• Review client concerns relating to projects
• Engineering Degree from an accredited and recognized University
• 12-15 years of experience in storm water management design, flood plain modeling, and water supply design for subdivision and site plans.
• P.Eng or CET
• Knowledge of current requirements of the conservation authorities for subdivision and site plan designs.
• Management experience
• Working knowledge of Visual OTTHYMO, DDSWM, HEC-RAS, AutoCad Civil 3D, Excel Spreadsheets
• Good management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills