Mechanical Designer or Engineer – Building Systems
CET or EIT/P.Eng designation
Degree or Diploma from an accredited institution in Mechanical Engineering/Technology
Our client is looking for a Mechanical Designer/Engineer specializing in Building Systems to join their team in their London, Ontario office!
This individual MUST have experience in Mechanical Building Systems.
This individual will produce drawings on CAD/MEP while working with the Project Manager or independently.
• Performing specific tasks assigned by Principal or Project Manager in defined time
• Perform site surveys as required
• Perform CAD tasks assigned within given hours
• Adhere to AutoCAD and AutoCAD MEP standards
• Check layouts and services for continuity
• Co-ordination of drawings with codes
• Supervision of drawings between other disciplines
• Prepare AutoCAD drawings from sketches, mark-ups and/or design
• When requested to prepare CAD drawing from sketches or mark-ups, upon completion verify CAD drawings against such sketches to ensure accuracy of work
• When requested to develop pipe or duct layouts, familiarize with architectural, structural and electrical drawings to appreciate space limitations and interferences
• To develop layout of pipe and duct runs in co-ordination with the structure, electrical and architectural components
• To perform sizing of duct and pipe services in accordance with office standards
• Check layouts of mechanical services for interferences with other components of the building such as structure, ceilings, lighting, etc.
• Develop details and layout of mechanical rooms and service spaces.
• To be familiar with air conditioning load calculations and perform such calculations for Tenant Improvement projects
• Any other tasks assigned by Principals or Project Managers required to assist in the success of the firm
• Degree or Diploma from an accredited institution in Mechanical Engineering/Technology
• 2-5 years of experience in the field of mechanical building services
• CET or EIT/P.Eng designation
• Demonstrate a h2 desire for advancement and professional development
• Demonstrate the ability to work in complex environment often driven by project deadlines
• Have AutoCAD training from a recognized College and have exposure to HVAC and plumbing systems.
• Knowledge of AutoCAD MEP 2012 is preferred
• Be familiar with various HVAC, plumbing systems and develop layout of pipe and duct runs in co-ordination with the structure, electrical and architectural components
• The amount of experience would adjust the level of responsibility of the successful candidate's position