• Technical College Diploma in a related field preferred
With ongoing development opportunities throughout South Western Ontario, our client is seeking a Construction Manager who possesses a proven track record of being a hands-on and lead by example construction professional. This individual would report directly to the owner and would be considered as a trusted team member overseeing daily construction activities for both current and future development and construction projects.
The ideal candidate will possess either Multi-Unit or Multi-Story Residential Construction experience (10+ Floors). They should have superior communication skills, expert problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities, current knowledge of construction build processes, and scheduling. Most importantly, this person should have experience in leadership and guidance of an established team of 20-50 site supervisors, skilled/specialist trade employees, as well as subcontractors and other external vendors. Being technically savvy is a welcome trait, but your innate ability to relate, motivate, influence and build rapport (and earn respect) through your knowledge (and wisdom) in the Construction Build industry will be preferred.
If you are experienced in managing Concrete Formimg crews and cranes, and equipment with a proven track record, this new position to manage the related forming company resources from our clients General Contractor perspective of 5 concurrent self performaning high rise projects is for you. The goal is to organize and prioritize the 5 projects so that resources are utilized to their highest useage.
Our client is a family owned and operated company with a rich history of over 50 years of residential development, rental and property management construction success. With a focus on building enriching lifestyle and quality residences, it is one of the largest builder, owner and operating construction groups of its kind in Southwestern Ontario and beyond. With over 7500+ units in operation spread across 5 major cities including London, Sarnia, Woodstock, Kitchener and Burlington it is poised for further growth as it embarks on its next 50+ years of new construction projects. The firm promotes a philosophy of building quality residences using premium materials and construction methods with the goal of delivering both affordable and luxury units where their tenants are treated with respect and integrity. As a family organization they strive to extend this attention to quality and care to their employees, tenants and the communities they serve.
• Plan, organize, direct and control daily construction operations
• Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones to monitor progress against established schedules
• Select trade subcontractors and coordinate and oversee sub-trade activities
• Participate in pre-construction of projects by coordinating quantity take-offs, subcontractor pricing, preparation of tenders and bid reviews
• Assist in preparation of construction project budget estimates
• As necessary negotiate contracts and revisions and participate in reviews with architects, engineers and suppliers
• Oversee and direct quality control programs
• Champion Health and Safety and Occupational practices and regulations striving for “Zero Injury” mandate on all projects and construction sites
• Consistently provide experience and cost-effective based solutions to construction issues
• 8-10+ years of practical work experience as a Construction Manager, residential and hi-rise construction preferred
• Experience with estimating, purchasing, tenders, vendor and contract negotiations (consultants, trades), invoicing
• Experience supervising all disciplines and sub-trades (including both employees and external contractors and trades people)
• Excellent communication, negotiation and people skills
• Must have current and excellent understanding of construction industry practices, OBC, OHSA and WSIB regulations and safety standards, OHS Certificate is Required
• Must have certification of First Aid/CPR (certificate), WHMIS and possess valid Driver’s License
• Demonstrable experience with construction projects exceeding $10-20M construction value
• Excellent budgeting, costing and scheduling skills
• Advanced Degree or diploma (technical or vocational) would be an asset Construction Manager, Construction Management, Highrise, High Rise, Hi-rise, reinforced concrete, OBC, OHSA, WSIB, First Aid, CPR, WHIMIS, Occupational Health & Safety Certificate, condos, condominiums, multi-family, multi-unit, apartment