Construction Site Superintendent/Concrete Manager
• Accredited engineering, architectural, technical, or construction management education
Our client has been constructing and operating rental apartment towers across Southwestern Ontario and has provided homes to thousands of Canadians for over 60 years. Today, the family-owned and operated business continues to build rental homes in Burlington, Kitchener, Woodstock, London, and Sarnia. Reporting to the Director of Construction, you will take the lead on directing concrete construction projects. You will play a pivotal role in planning, organizing, directing, controlling and evaluating construction projects across Southwestern Ontario.
• Provide overall management direction to related concrete forming company on five or more residential high rise projects
• Establish project objectives through planning and budgets
• Develop a detailed/critical path project schedule to support the construction process
• Maintain hands-on knowledge of project scopes
• Ensure project roles and responsibilities are communicated
• Communicate job set-up information to staff
• Develop site plan, including location of cranes, laydown areas, etc.
• Utilize software programs and templates to process and distribute project documentations
• Maintain effective internal and external communication with all appropriate parties
• Other duties as assigned
• 10+ years’ of on-site supervision experience that includes high-rise concrete construction
• Vertical concrete construction experience with knowledge of associated forming systems
• Ability to read and understand architectural and structural drawings and specifications required
• Ability to handle multiple projects using effective planning and analytical skills desired
• Proficient computer skills in programs such as Microsoft Office suite, understanding of construction software and the ability to understand, customize and modify spreadsheets
• Mathematical Skills including but not limited to knowledge of mathematical concepts such as cost benefit analysis, cost accounting, etc.
• Ability to understand contracts, specifications, drawings, and scope of work
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures