Degree or Diploma from an accredited institution in Mechanical Engineering/Technology
Our client in Richmond, BC is seeking a Mechanical Designer specializing in Building Services (HVAC, Plumbing, Fire Protection, etc.) to join their team!
• Performing specific tasks assigned by Principal or Project Manager in defined time
• Perform site surveys as required
• Perform CAD tasks assigned within given hours
• Adhere to AutoCAD and AutoCAD MEP standards
• Check layouts and services for continuity
• Co-ordination of drawings with codes
• Supervision of drawings between other disciplines
• Prepare AutoCAD drawings from sketches, mark-ups and/or design
• When requested to prepare CAD drawing from sketches or mark-ups, upon completion verify CAD drawings against such sketches to ensure accuracy of work
• Check layouts of mechanical services for interferences with other components of the building such as structure, ceilings, lighting, etc.
• Develop details and layout of mechanical rooms and service spaces.
• Any other tasks assigned by Principals or Project Managers required to assist in the success of the firm
• Degree or Diploma from an accredited institution in Mechanical Engineering/Technology
• 3-10+ years of experience in the field of mechanical building services
• CET or EIT/P.Eng designation
• Canadian industry experience in HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protections Systems
• LEED, Built Green and Passive house experience is an asset
• Able to work well in a team environment
• High level of verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Products