Mechanical Engineer – Buildings
• P.Eng, LEED certification would be an asset
• Mechanical Engineering degree from an accredited institution
Our client in Guelph, Ontario is looking for a Mechanical Designer of Building Systems to join their team.
• Design including development of concepts, preparation of reports and studies, project management, and contract administration during construction, from concept through to completion
• Part of a 50 plus member mechanical team, working directly with engineers, architects, technologists, and specialist sub-consultants
• Working with clients and designers to optimize system and equipment selection, general arrangements, piping, and ductwork layouts
• Assisting with the management of workload of technicians and designers to ensure that project deadlines are met and final deliverables align with client expectations
• Identifying and responding to client needs and regulatory requirements
• Participating in the preparation of proposals and the development of estimates for engineering services
• Applying engineering fundamentals, including the application and verification of related software tools
• Completing site reviews during construction and reporting on observations
• Mentoring designers and junior engineers
• 5-10 years of experience
• Experience in the design of building systems including HVAC, fire protection, and plumbing, in accordance with current codes and standards; Knowledge of energy modelling and green initiatives
• Experience working independently, without detailed supervision.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good computer skills, ideally including AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office.
• Highly motivated self-starter with a positive attitude