Senior Water Resources Project Manager
• Registered with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO) as a P.Eng
• Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
Our client is a municipal water resources engineering consulting company located in Vaughan, Ontario known for providing consulting services to both private and public sectors for storm and sanitary sewer capacity assessment and optimization. They are seeking a Senior Water Resources Project Manager to be responsible for the procurement and delivery of Water Resources projects and to be ultimately responsible for maintaining revenue and sales targets, resource management and planning, client and project management, and project delivery within the team.
• Undertaking detailed studies, modeling and design tasks associated with surface water works in support of a wide variety of projects in both the private and public sectors. Assignments could include stormwater management for development projects, a variety of municipal assignments, Subwatershed Plans/Master Drainage Studies, floodplain delineation/management analyses, etc.
• Delegation and coordination of technical work to appropriate staff members to manage workload within the water resources group.
• In consultation with the management, participate in resource planning and hiring for team / project activities.
• Coordinating with engineers, technical staff and/or team members in various disciplines to ensure that the projects’ needs are met in a timely and effective manner
• Managing surface water related projects and/or tasks, ensuring completion of work on-time and on-budget
• Serving as a technical expert during liaison with landowners, municipal/agency staff, tribunals and other stakeholders
• Writing/reviewing reports and design briefs to document analyses
• Taking responsibility for the quality of written, technical and graphic work in a senior review (QA/QC) role
• Lead and/or contribute to project proposals and budgets
• Managing and mentoring junior staff across a range of technical and professional development levels
• Ensure all staff is appropriately assessed as per company policies and procedures including evaluation against staff performance measures, goal setting for staff, and provide recommendations for career advancement and compensation adjustments.
• Ensure that project files are properly maintained and kept confidential.
• Ensure that all project staff receives an appropriate orientation to the organization and their projects
• Review and approve hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
• Ensure full compliance with invoicing procedures with finance department.
• Provide support to Proposal Lead when required.
• Perform other related duties as required by their Business Unit Group Leader or by the President and Corporate Operations.
• 10+ years of water resources experience in Ontario
• Knowledge of Visual OTTHYMO (VO), SWMSoft, ArcGIS, AutoCAD
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in staff management and operations
• Excellent written and oral communication to provide support on technical reports, proposals and with client relations
• Extensive knowledge of water resource best practices and policies in Ontario