Irrigation Technician/Lead Installer
• Valid and clean G class driver’s license
Our client is a family owned and operated company with locations in London, Sarnia, Woodstock, Kitchener, and Burlington, Ontario.
They are currently seeking an Irrigation Technician/Lead Installer to join their team on design and maintenance duties for property/turf/landscape management projects for their London, Ontario office.
This position would be a full-time-permanent position with year-round work.
Our client offers:
• Guaranteed Winter Work
• Work truck for travel to site
• Paid overtime
• Healthcare benefits
• Work with crew to manage quality and timeliness of assigned tasks and routing
• Assign, monitor and assist with duties for the crew to ensure quality expectations
• Monitor and ensure the efficient use of materials and equipment by field staff
• Evaluate quality of service provided and help to determine work procedures, prepare work schedules and expedite work flow.
• Examine work for exactness, completeness and conformance to policies and procedures
• Plan and conduct training for field staff in customer service, landscape maintenance details and safety policies and procedures
• Maintain morale and motivate staff to encourage maximum efficiency
• Evaluate performance of staff and make recommendations
• Design, layout and installs sprinkler systems by considering water conservation, existing and proposed landscaping capacity, water flow rates, and time sequencing of existing systems; repairs and replaces pumps, main feeder and lateral lines, PVC pipes, sprinkler heads, radio-controlled valves and controls, and electronically controlled water sensors
• Replaces low voltage wiring; develops watering schedule for sprinkler systems
• Oversees sprinkler system preventative maintenance program
• Monitors grounds during special events to insure protection of system
• Reports grounds condition and water or plant losses due to system malfunction.
• 3-4 years experience installing and repairing, poly supply lines, diagnosing, repairing multi-zone, multi-program irrigation system malfunctions. Designing and installing multi-zone irrigation systems operating trenchers, loaders and skid-steers.
• Valid Drivers license is required
• Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment at all times and maintain health and safety practices on site
• Comply with all company policies and regulations
• Work in accordance with all local health and safety laws and regulations