Business Manager/Leader - Infrastructure
• P.Eng with APEGA, or the ability to register
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited institution
Our client is seeking a Business Manager/Leader for their Civil Infrastructure operations within the Alberta-South region to work out of their Lethbridge, Alberta office!
This individual will be responsible for the Alberta-South region’s operations, financial management, and support to local leaders for Transportation, Water, and Land Development projects. They will implement business strategies and ensure that team leaders and project managers deliver on time and on budget to clients. This will involve client management, business development, contributing to proposals and projects, reviewing client agreements, etc.
• Ensures that Health and Safety key performance indicators are achieved and take the lead on developing a Health and Safety culture
• Manages operations, ensures the effective delivery of professional services, and drives financial performance for the Transportation, Water and Land Development sectors within Alberta-South region.
• Sustains and grows the net revenue, gross margin, and operating income.
• Maintains client engagement.
• Identifies and actively manages business development and enhancement opportunities.
• Partners with the other leaders to market discipline-specific technical expertise to local and regional clients, as well as global and national clients.
• Manages the resource processes, recruitment, career development, succession planning, coaching and mentoring, and leadership development.
• Leads the development of the BC annual budget in collaboration with other leaders.
• Participates in the preparation of the annual strategic business plan outlining the vision, focus, and priorities for implementation, and to set specific goals for performance and/or growth.
• Ensures the delivery of employee compensation, career development and performance reviews, and bonus allocation processes in conjunction with the other leaders.
• Ensures compliance with company policies, practices, and procedures by all staff within the unit.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited institution
• 15+ years of work experience.
• P.Eng, Professional Engineering designation is required
• Excellent understanding of the Infrastructure consulting business and the Southern Alberta market.
• Entrepreneurial orientation with understanding of the business challenges of a consulting services provider.
• Operational and financial management skills with a minimum of 10 years of profit and loss management.
• Proven ability to effectively lead, challenge, and inspire staff to work together cohesively as a team.
• Demonstrated ability to champion both technical and customer service excellence with conviction and purpose.
• Proven project management and technical skills applicable to the delivery of Infrastructure projects.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet multiple and varied deadlines.
• Excellent written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Possess the highest degree of integrity.
• Ability to travel when required