General Manager – Naval Ship Manufacturing
Our client is a Naval Ship Manufacturer in Dartmouth, NS and they are seeking a General Manager to join their team! This individual will be the representative within Canada for our clients Naval Ship operations.
• Act as the senior in country Manager for the whole Naval Ships Business representative in Canada.
• Able to coordinate and help focus the UK based teams towards the Customer requirements
• To deputise and hold authority on behalf of the UK based Head of Program for all in country meetings and customer contacts
• Able to engage the customer on all aspects of the project delivering regular briefs at a senior level for the project and support negotiations / dispute resolution
• To lead the in-country team of Engineers and support staff
• Establish safe and secure working environment in Canada through the development of in country manuals and procedures
• Provide duty of care for all in-country secondees and their in-country dependants.
• To facilitate the arrival and safe working of all temporary inbound employees and supplier staff and to maintain live records of their location and contact details whilst within Canada country
• To ensure customer needs and delivered and that is positioned to deliver growth from the existing contract
• Able to engage the customer on all aspects of the project delivering regular briefs at a senior level for the project and Naval Ships business across the range of senior Canadian Stakeholders
• To act as a central point and coordinator for wider Maritime campaigns for support
• Build and maintain effective liaison with all functional groups involved in project delivery to enable all functional, quality and other requirements of projects to be delivered.
• Coordinate the collation, documentation and transfer of project
• Accountable for the development and implementation of appropriately tailored Project Management practices.
• Accountable for ensuring all aspects of PM practices are effectively applied.
• Supervisory responsibilities and provides information/technical direction and guidance.
• Responsible for coaching members of the team, monitoring their quality of work and contributing to performance management.
• Share good practice with others in the application of Project Management methodologies and toolsets.
• Will be required to lead and motivate the local team
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of Business & Projects/ Programs/ Portfolios.
• Comprehensive Project Management (PM) experience demonstrated in a professional role within a business or Projects/ Programmes/ Portfolios.
• Extensive knowledge of a range of PM methodologies and toolsets.
• Comprehensive knowledge of PM governance and assurance processes and may be a Lifecycle Management (LCM) / Integrated Baseline Review (IBR) Assessor.
• Significant knowledge & experience of influencing internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong ability to capture, evaluate and share good practice.
• Comprehensive understanding of Business, project, its markets, customers, strategic priorities.
• Analyse multiple sources of information to develop appropriate solutions. Sometimes new solutions are required.
• Problem solving will apply in an existing or new business environments.
• Strong influencing & negotiating skills required in order to achieve optimum solutions with the wider team and other functions/disciplines.
• Will need to participate in negotiations and conflict resolution internally and/or externally.
• Developed communication skills to exchange complicated/complex information
• Secret Security Clearance