Construction Site Supervisor
Our client in the London, Ontario region (St. Thomas) is seeking a Construction Site Supervisor to join their team!
This individual will be responsible for the supervision and direction of all construction activities that take place on the work site, ensuring high standards of safety, workmanship and efficiency.
This individual would work on mid-highrise residential projects.
• Planning and scheduling of work, maintain records of all materials used and the progress made on a job
• Ensure client satisfaction and maximize profitability in all activities.
• Responsible for Safety of the site
• Ensure compliance with company health and safety training and reporting requirements.
• Work with Project Manager on scheduling, coordinating scopes of work and interpreting drawings.
• Ensure high standards of workmanship and efficiency.
• Ensure the efficient use of labor, machines and materials used.
• Take an active role in the selection, training, assignment and supervision of project staff, including monitoring performance, providing feedback and taking corrective action.
• Coordinate the daily activities of project staff, construction trades and subcontractors, and use corrective actions to keep the project on time and on budget.
• Complete Daily Work Force Sheets/Daily Logs recording activity, manpower, visitors, safety and special events on the site.
• Coordinate and attend inspections with consultants, inspectors, clients and municipal inspectors.
• Document and record site progress using Fieldwire.
• Hold trade progress and coordination meetings in cooperation with Project Manager.
• Record all extra work over and above original project scope and forward all additional costs to the Project Manager in a timely manner.
• Communicate effectively with clients, consultants, sub trades, suppliers and company resources to ensure project proceeds properly and inflammatory conflict is minimized.
• Assist in the resolution of design issues, change requests, material defects and equipment problems.
• Monitor job progress and costs, and provide regular progress reporting to management.
• Manage all project administration activities including; timekeeping, labor coding, equipment coding, purchase order coding and safety reporting.
• Establish effective onsite communications and progress reporting with sub-trades and clients.
• Execute and complete punch lists, deficiency lists and warranty items.
• Maintain effective labor relations through compliance with company policies, labor agreements, and resolution of employee grievances and fair treatment of employees.
• Provide coaching and training to Project Junior/Assistant Site Supervisors.
• 5-10+ yeas of experience as a Construction Site Supervisor
• Experience working on a variety of building construction projects including: Industrial, Commercial, Institutional, Multi-Unit Residential, and Municipal
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience working with consultants and sub-trades
• Experience with document control (Fieldwire experience an asset)
• Proven dedication to Health & Safety practices