Mechanical Designer or Engineer
P.Eng designation preferred, Technologist
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university or Technologist’s diploma
Our client is entrepreneurial and dynamic engineering firm with a 5+ year track record and entering its next cycle of growth as multi-disciplinary consulting group. Located in Southwestern Ontario between Woodstock and Hamilton, they are captivating and competitively offering engineering design, project management and consulting to an underserviced local and regional marketplace. With a growing demand for their design of residential, commercial, industrial and institutional buildings, they are seeking an internally driven, take charge and self-starter that can implement and deliver mechanical design services for their growing roster of clients.
As Mechanical Designer/Engineer/Leader you would assume autonomy and be expected to introduce, test and develop specifications, systems, libraries, templates, tools and assess software and processes to enable our client to successfully integrate and streamline mechanical services as a critical business line to be offered to their customers.
• Mechanical Design Work (60%): Perform project-based mechanical design. This includes all calculations and preparation of drawings and specifications for permit and construction. Additionally, with mentorship from other staff, engage in basic electrical design as required for each project.
• Project Management (20%): Manage design projects from initial client contact through to final site inspections and preparation of project closeout documents. This includes working directly with clients to solve problems and keep projects on track. Interact with designers from other disciplines that are involved in the project.
• Client Management (10%): Manage client expectations for each project. Interact with clients to set due dates and deliverables. With the support of management, engage in business development activities.
• Mentoring of Junior Staff (10%)
• 5-15+ years’ experience in Mechanical Engineering or Design
• Knowledge of Autocad and design of mechanical building systems
• Ability to start up and implement new design systems, processes and specifications including building libraries, templates and project delivery protocols and standards
• Design of boilers, chillers, HVAC systems, heat loss/gain, fire protection, sprinkler systems, plumbing, piping, sizing and calculations
• Knowledge of project management and implementation of design systems and processes
• Self-starter, entrepreneurial
• Excellent communication skills and technical writing skills