Mechanical Project Manager
P.Eng preferred, a C.E.T with equivalent experience will be considered
A relevant degree or diploma from an accredited institution
Our clients Ottawa office is seeking a Mechanical Project Manager to join their team! This individual would work on a variety of buildings projects.
• Prepares, or assists with, the development of all system engineering concepts (e.g. design brief) and concept report. Reviews and manages the design in terms of construction budgets.
• Performs, or arranges for, reviews of existing installation and interprets/manages the impact on the project.
• Prepares all calculations and selects all equipment. May assign tasks to designer and Revit/CAD Technician where appropriate.
• Fully understands Codes and Standards relevant for the project and is able to communicate all requirements to the internal project team, external project team, owner, and Authorities having Jurisdiction.
• Responsible for reviewing all deliverables for the project whether reports, calculations, drawings, or/and specifications. Reviews for completeness and accuracy at various stages of development and as defined by internal total quality management.
• Promotes and enforces company standards relating to project administration, documentation and processes such as total quality management.
• Where requested act as contract administrator for designated projects, ensuring timely completion of all contract administration activities for project.
• Ensures that shop drawing review process takes place within project timelines.
• Coordinates with the contract administration team regarding drawing reviews, proper set up of contract administration process and site activities.
• Prepares all change notices or reviews change notices issued by contract administration team.
• Responsible for ensuring tasks are completed both accurately and with the assigned hours/fee.
• Responds to both technical and financial queries related to the project.
• Keeps the management advised of all changes in scope of work and prepares amendments to the contract (e.g. Request of Additional fee-RAF) for review and submission to client.
• Supports the process of accounts receivable.
• Responsible for ensuring the internal project team discipline coordination processes are complete.
• Prepares and continually monitors a schedule of tasks required to complete the project including hours to perform tasks and critical data required for performance.
• Liaises with external consultants, vendors as required to ensure smooth project delivery.
• Organizes and attends meetings including client meetings.
• Capable to deliver presentations to client/owner.
• 5 or more years of project engineering experience in the field of mechanical building services
• Experience in residential buildings considered an asset
• Advanced working knowledge of the provincial building code, ASHRAE, CSA and NFPA standards
• Demonstrate excellent leadership qualities and ability to work independently
• Demonstrate the ability to work in a complex environment, dealing with multiple projects and clients
• Possess sound communications skills as demonstrated through client and staff relations
• Demonstrate experience working with other consultants and contractors, and coordination of major projects
• LEED certification / Experience implementing sustainable design (LEED projects) is an asset
• Strong knowledge of engineering concepts, methods and standards
• Demonstrates initiative and practical problem solving