• College or university degree in construction management
Our client, located in Stoney Creek, Ontario is looking for a Site Superintendent with low-to-mid rise residential experience to join their rapidly growing team!
• Coordinates the crew(s) and must understand and consistently apply the Company policies
• Responsible for coaching, developing and directing staff, including taking corrective action when required
• Provide leadership that results in a safe work culture
• Be responsible and accountable for the safety of the crew under his/her direction
• Must understand and accept the importance and legal liability of the role
• Champions an inclusive employee relations culture, is accountable for the adherence to policies and procedure by the crew to ensure a respectful and inclusive work environment
• Conduct drawing reviews
• Support with bid clarification of trade contractors with regard to scope of work.
• Manage and monitor cost control during project construction, coordinating pool of shared Tradespersons and Labourers
• Effectively manage equipment, materials and Trade Contractors to achieve targeted profit margins
• Achieve project schedule by looking ahead and identifying weekly deliverables for own Labour team and Trade Contractors.
• Accountable for following project plans and schedules and ensuring that crews under his/her direction perform daily and weekly activities to meet production goals
• Accountable for ensuring that the completed work meets quality standards.
• Accountable for the preparation of reports and project documentation as required, including site foreman’s log and site reports, daily production records, daily time keeping. Recommending personnel actions such as hiring, releasing, promotions and discipline.
• Min. 5 years progressive experience in the general contracting industry as a Site Supervisor
• Extensive construction experience in an environment with good working knowledge of the Ontario Building Code and associated regulations
• Previous leadership, supervisory and project management experience
• Experience with reading/checking architectural drawings and blueprints.
• Competent self-starter and self-driven individual who leads by example. Ability to work well and build relationships with Trades, Suppliers and other team members.
• Trades-person, Journey-person, Engineering or related background and credentials
• Valid driver’s license
• Desire to ensure all customer interactions are handled efficiently and effectively
• Excellent computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Access and PowerPoint
• Superior verbal and written communications skills
• Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to manage many projects simultaneously
• Superior time-management skills are essential
• Must have excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
• Must have mathematical, analytical and problem-solving skills
• The ability to work in a team environment while efficiently and effectively managing the workload of the position and the team