Geotechnical Engineering Lead
• P.Eng or P.Geo designation through PEO or PGO
• Undergraduate Degree in Civil/Geological Engineering
Our client is currently seeking a Geotechnical Engineer to assist in the establishment of the Geotechnical Engineering Services Group in Burlington, Ontario. As a valued member of the team within a vibrant, flexible, and enjoyable environment, you will be helping the company expand while working with existing clients. Our client is a young growing company, and the successful candidates will share an enthusiasm to grow their business in the field of geotechnical engineering.
• Project management and scheduling
• Assist in building the geotechnical services group
• Preparation of fee estimates and proposals for a variety of clients and sectors.
• Preparation of concise geotechnical reports
• Site Investigation: subsurface site programs, selection of laboratory test regime, interpretation and documentation of results on a wide variety of transportation, municipal and resource related projects
• Implement project risk control and loss management
• Carry out or supervise field inspection of construction works
• Write/Review proposals and technical reports for complex projects
• Oversee investigation programs
• Supervise, guide and review work of junior staff
• Communicate with clients throughout project duration
• At least 5 years of relevant experience in Geotechnical Engineering with emphasis on projects in the Southern Ontario market
• Knowledgeable with construction contracts and specifications.
• Knowledge of environmental regulations, ESAs and remediation technologies
• Excellent analytical skills