• P.Eng in Ontario
• Engineering Degree in Structural Engineering from an accredited institution
Our client is a Gold Standard Canadian Best Managed company that provides high-quality engineering, architecture, planning, and project management services to clients in both the private and public sectors. With offices across Ontario, all staffed with a diverse team of professionals, this company stands out in the industry due to their unique collaborative approach. On every project, they work as a team to provide value for their clients. As a 100% employee-owned and completely Canadian business, our client understands what clients want and how to deliver designs and built projects that meet their needs.
Our client is seeking a Structural Engineer to join their team in either Ottawa, ON; North Bay, ON; or Sudbury ON!
• Design, internal coordination, project management, and contract administration during construction of industrial and commercial projects, from concept to completion of construction;
• Carry out and direct visits to client and construction sites and report on observations;
• Assist Project Managers with project execution;
• Participate in the preparation of proposals and budget estimates;
• Coordinate with other engineering disciplines and architects on multidisciplinary projects; and
• Travel between offices, as required, to meet the needs of various projects and/or for training purposes.
• Must have a degree in Structural Engineering and hold a valid license to practice engineering in the Province of Ontario;
• Minimum of 5 – 15 years of related experience since graduating from an accredited program;
• Related Structural Engineering experience in the design of steel, concrete, wood, and masonry structural systems in accordance with current codes and standards;
• Project management experience is considered an asset;
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in written form;
• Highly self-motivated and a self-starter;
• Ability to work in teams consisting of people with varying backgrounds; and
• Valid Class driver’s license.