Hazardous Materials Technician/Technologist
• A diploma or degree in Construction Technology or Architectural Technology, Civil Engineering, Bachelor of Science or Applied Science or other related disciplines
Our client is a well-respected and fast-growing environmental consulting firm seeking a Hazardous Materials Technician or Technologist to join their team in either Ottawa, Kingston, or Sudbury, Ontario. The individual will conduct hazardous material and designated substances surveys, as part of property transactions, before maintenance, repair, renovation, and demolition activities, to protect workers and building occupants. This role may require the candidate to also provide specialized indoor environmental quality services, such as indoor air quality investigations, Legionella consulting, and microbial contamination consulting.
• Conduct on-site assessments, inspections and testing relating to mould, IEQ and hazardous materials
• Prepare reports putting assessment findings into words and recommending actions for our clients
• Liaise between clients and contractors; maintaining existing client relationships and identifying new ones
• Assist in preparation of proposals for hazardous materials investigations and abatement work
• Assist in overseeing hazardous materials consulting projects, including assessments, contract preparation, and abatement work.
• 3-8+ years of practical experience in the field of Hazardous Materials (Asbestos, Mould, Lead, PCBs, etc.)
• A related certificate or license (e.g., C.E.T.) would be an asset
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products
• Valid driver’s license, sufficient insurance, and access to a vehicle
• High attention to detail; the ability to write, review, and edit reports and other written communications
• Professional verbal communication skills