Process Control Technician
Bachelor’s or college degree in Automation Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Instrumentation and controls or Industrial Electronics
Our Canadian client is a systems automation provider for HVAC and mechanical systems in mission critical environments, who specialize in high tier level data centers and biotech/pharmaceutical facilities.
Our client seeks a Process Control Technician to deliver complete solutions to customer automation needs and leverage process control and data integration knowledge across multiple control platforms. If finding innovative solutions to complex engineering problems is what drives you, and you thrive while working in a team environment, then this could be your next career move!
• Work with project managers and engineering team
• Execute project start-ups, commissioning, testing, and troubleshooting of installed
• Work with equipment vendors to coordinate communication protocols, and requirements for integration to their systems.
• Participates in final inspection and testing, assures customer acceptance,
• Implementing software code and managing all aspects of the software code delivery and commissioning for commercial HVAC control systems and Building Automation Systems.
• Ability to program projects with various levels of complexity, including custom control programs and sequence of operations
• Capable of performing network troubleshooting, control system troubleshooting and repair programming.
• Collaborate with engineering team on system configuration, network and software requirements, graphics, programming and sequence of operations as it pertains to assigned projects.
• Develop programming, graphics, and sequences of operations for DDC systems.
• Maintain accurate and thorough project documentation
• Record and communicate deviations to the project team.
• Execute system commissioning and functional testing
• Bilingualism, English and French, both written and spoken
• Experience programming DCS/PLC using function blocks, ladder logic, SFCs, etc.
• Able to read and interpret P&ID drawings, Motor Schematic drawings, loop drawings, Equipment and loop narratives
• Proficient in programming Allen-Bradley ControlLogix and Micro control platforms
• Proficient in programming Wonderware System Platform with OMI
• 5 years of experience with participation in automation project from the design phase to the start-up in process control, HVAC and mechanical systems
• Experience with ethernet, Modbus, BACnet, and OPC
• Able to work well and participate in a team environment
• Must be able to present themselves in a professional manner with clients, other contractors and within the company
• Must have a h2 technical aptitude and be able to work effectively with minimal oversight
• Travel requirements: 25-40%