Senior Structural Engineer/Team Leader
• Professional Engineer licensed with the PEO
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
• Master’s degree in Engineering considered an asset
Our client in Toronto, Ontario is looking for a Senior Structural Engineer to join and lead their team!
The Senior Engineer will plan and carry out project steps that require application of advanced technical knowledge and engineering experience. An integral role of the Senior Engineer will be to conceptualize, coordinate and execute projects, conduct technical reviews and provide guidance to subordinates. The incumbent is expected to be responsible for delivering efficient, cost effective, comprehensive, and high quality services to the company’s clients. The senior engineer reports to the Principal of the firm.
▪ Work independently to plan, direct and coordinate projects involving existing and new construction or conversion of existing structures.
▪ Schedule and organize all phases of a project, review engineering and design schedules, staffing, budgets and controls.
▪ Distribute work assignments and delegate tasks to the junior engineers and technical staff in an equitable and efficient manner.
▪ Monitor and administer project budgets in a cost-effective manner.
▪ Provide technical advice and guidance to subordinate junior engineers and technical staff responsible for component phases, as well as identify creative, practical solutions to technical problems.
▪ Train subordinates and appraise their performance on a regular basis, as well as provide mentorship on an on-going basis.
▪ Have a clear understanding of the technical services provided by the company in order to accurately and effectively represent the firm’s interests when dealing with client representatives and other members of the design team. Develop and maintain effective client relationships.
• Structural engineering focus in studies and practice
• Experience in the design of brick and stone masonry repairs
• Interest in design of repairs and restoration of buildings, and design of new unusual structures
• Natural inclination to interact professionally with all levels of business personnel and build secure working relationships
• Exceptional leadership, mentoring, and personal skills
• Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
• Commitment to client service and technical excellence
• Attention to details
• A proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team-oriented environment
• Natural desire to learn and increase technical knowledge
• Passion for heritage buildings
• Understanding of the organization of complex, long-term engineering projects
• Ambitious and hardworking attitude
• Government Clearance – Secret
• Experience using AutoCAD and Bluebeam (or other PDF software)
• Knowledge of, and experience applying, OBC 2012, NBC 2015 and material codes and standards