• Professional Engineer licensed with the PEO
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
Our client in Ottawa, Ontario is looking for a Structural Engineer to join their team!
This individual will focus on projects pertaining to the maintenance, restoration, and change of use of existing buildings.
• Perform construction phase services (site visits, reports, submittal reviews clarifications, etc.) on projects in the Ottawa and Kingston areas.
• Work independently, with support from head office, on projects involving existing and new construction or conversion of existing structures.
• Participate in initial planning and bidding processes, including reviewing environmental factors, government regulations, constructions costs and risk analysis reports to prepare comprehensive study on all relevant design factors
• Design repairs and restoration of existing buildings and design new reinforced concrete, masonry, wood, and steel structures.
• Use AutoCAD and other drafting software programs (ex. Revit) to create 2D design documents and 3D models according to client needs and project requirements for deliverables
• Coordination with other engineering and architectural disciplines..
• Build and maintain relationships with Architects and other clients in the Ottawa area to help expand the company’s business and name recognition.
• Work with head office to prepare proposals for new projects in the Ottawa area.
• Structural engineering focus in studies and practice
• Experience in the design of brick and stone masonry repairs
• Natural inclination to interact professionally with all levels of business personnel and build secure working relationships
• Exceptional leadership and personal skills
• Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
• Commitment to client service and technical excellence
• Attention to details
• A proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team-oriented environment
• Natural desire to learn and increase technical knowledge
• Passion for heritage buildings
• Understanding of the organization of complex, long-term engineering projects
• Ambitious and hardworking attitude
• Government Clearance – Secret
• Experience using AutoCAD and Bluebeam (or other PDF software)
• Knowledge of, and experience applying, OBC 2012, NBC 2015 and material codes and standards