Water Resources Engineer
P.Eng. designation preferred
Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university with a concentration in Water Resources
Our client in Ottawa, Ontario is seeking a Water Resources Engineer to join their growing team. Our client is a multi-disciplined consulting firm offering a range of engineering services including: municipal, land development, transportation, structural, and water resources engineering.
• Water resources design and engineering
• Develop design concepts into preliminary designs, including: preparation of design briefs, detailed calculations for sizing sewer system and appurtenances, as well as other infrastructure elements
• Preliminary grading and servicing design and cost estimates
• Stormwater management reports, completing applications forms and submissions to municipalities
• 5-10 years’ experience in Water Resources Engineering
• Proficiency with hydrologic and hydraulic modeling principles and their application to land development will be fostered, with the intent of developing storm drainage and stormwater management strategies for various types of development (urban & rural subdivisions, commercial, institutional, industrial & residential sites).
• Field or Site Work experience an asset (surveys, inspections)
• Knowledge of current industry practices and standards
• Knowledge of water resources software (SWMHYMO/Visual OTTHYMO, PCSWMM/EPA SWMM, HEC-RAS, AutoCAD/Civil 3D)
• Excellent communication skills and technical writing skills