Land Use Planner
• Candidate member of OPPI preferred
• Undergraduate degree in Planning is required. Preference is given to individuals with a graduate degree in Planning.
Our client is seeking a graduate from an accredited Land Use Planning university program to join their Planning & Development team. They are a multi-disciplined consulting firm in Ottawa, offering a wide range of civil engineering, planning and landscape architecture services to both private and public sector clients.
• Coordinate and complete development approval applications, including Official Plan amendment, zoning amendment, Committee of Adjustment, Plan of Subdivision, Site Plan Control and condominium applications.
• Review preliminary concepts and perform due diligence activities and project evaluation.
• Prepare supporting documents such as Planning Rationales.
• Contact municipalities and other approval agencies, utilities in the pursuit of approvals and general coordination tasks.
• Coordinate with other consultants and internal groups.
• Communicate pertinent project information to Project Manager, municipalities and staff assigned to projects.
• Participate in public meetings for development approval applications.
• Negotiate or assist in negotiating relevant agreements and conditions (e.g. subdivision and site plan conditions/agreements, condominium registration, permits, etc.).
• 2+ years of experience in a planning role.
• Positive attitude towards work, colleagues and supportive of a team environment.
• Ability to coordinate multiple projects in a fast-paced interdisciplinary work environment.
• Strong analytical and report writing skills.
• Detail-oriented and time management capabilities.
• Outstanding interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and experience (ranging from informal client meetings to formal stand-up presentations) with various stakeholders.
• A valid driver’s license is required, as some travel will be expected.
• Good command of English language is essential. Command of French language would be an asset.