• Professional Geoscientist designation (minimum eligible for registration within one year of hiring)
• A degree in Hydrogeology with a Professional Engineers or P.Geo designation
Our client is currently seeking an enthusiastic, goal oriented and team spirited individual to join their team. Over the past 40+ years, this company has consistently and steadily grown providing clients with a full compliment of professional multi-disciplinary services. They are currently seeking to complement their team with a Senior Hydrogeologist to help support and grow the Hydrogeological Service Line.
• Plan, coordinate and manage hydrogeological assessments for construction and development projects;
• Prepare defensible technical reports;
• Map and interpret shallow geological;
• Design and implement groundwater sampling programs;
• Design and oversight of aquifer testing programs (slug tests and pumping tests);
• Manage projects and budgets; liaise with clients;
• Supervise the work of technologists and Junior Engineers / Geoscientists; and,
• Business development to expand groundwater and environmental consulting practice.
• Excellent interpersonal, writing, and verbal communication skills with previous Supervisory or Managerial experience.
• High standard for quality control, reliability and consistency in tables, figures, and report content.
• Desire and ability to develop and provide exceptional client service with a commitment to technical excellence.
• Proven success in Project Management of resources, schedules, budgets with diverse projects.
• Field experience with drilling, soil description, groundwater sampling, and monitoring well testing. Experience with surface water programs would be an asset.
• Interpretation of geoscience data, including stratigraphy, chemical quality, groundwater flow, aquifer hydraulics and watercourse flow.
• Proficient in writing hydrogeological study proposals and technical reports for geoscience consulting, preferably with a land development and infrastructure focus.
• Conducting analysis of dewatering and seepage analysis for deep and linear excavations.
• Familiarity with applicable Ontario Acts, Regulations, and processes. Experience with submissions of PTTWs.
• Seasoned experience in client relations and in building partnerships with other consultants, government agencies and stakeholders.
• Computer skills with Microsoft Excel and Word. Knowledge of Aqtesolv, Surfer and modelling software would be assets.