• Professional Geoscientist designation (minimum eligible for registration within one year of hiring)
• A degree in Hydrogeology with a Professional Engineers designation
Our client is currently seeking an enthusiastic, goal oriented and team spirited individual to join their team. Over the past 25 years, this company has consistently and steadily grown providing clients with a full compliment of professional multi-disciplinary services. They are currently seeking to complement their team with a Senior Hydrogeologist to help support and grow the Hydrogeological Service Line.
• Plan, coordinate and manage hydrogeological assessments for construction and development projects;
• Prepare defensible technical reports;
• Map and interpret shallow geological;
• Design and implement groundwater sampling programs;
• Design and oversight of aquifer testing programs (slug tests and pumping tests);
• Manage projects and budgets; liaise with clients;
• Supervise the work of technologists and Junior Engineers / Geoscientists; and,
• Business development to expand groundwater and environmental consulting practice.
• Excellent interpersonal, writing, and verbal communication skills with previous Supervisory or Managerial experience.
• High standard for quality control, reliability and consistency in tables, figures, and report content.
• Desire and ability to develop and provide exceptional client service with a commitment to technical excellence.
• Proven success in Project Management of resources, schedules, budgets with diverse projects.
• Field experience with drilling, soil description, groundwater sampling, and monitoring well testing. Experience with surface water programs would be an asset.
• Interpretation of geoscience data, including stratigraphy, chemical quality, groundwater flow, aquifer hydraulics and watercourse flow.
• Proficient in writing hydrogeological study proposals and technical reports for geoscience consulting, preferably with a land development and infrastructure focus.
• Conducting analysis of dewatering and seepage analysis for deep and linear excavations.
• Familiarity with applicable Ontario Acts, Regulations, and processes. Experience with submissions of PTTWs.
• Seasoned experience in client relations and in building partnerships with other consultants, government agencies and stakeholders.
• Computer skills with Microsoft Excel and Word. Knowledge of Aqtesolv, Surfer and modelling software would be assets.